Saturday, June 13, 2009

Shot Nº1

I'm so happy I started my acting lessons in Aussie!!!

Since the very first moment I've arrived in australia I started the theatres' tour. I just wanted to pick up the best option for me.
Here in Sydney you have studios offering long-term careers and theatres or centres with lots of options for short-term courses (6 months, 2 months).

NIDA (National Institute of Dramatic Arts) is very well known and competitive. Nicole Kidman, Russel Crowe, Mel Gibson come from it. Also the "Actors Studio" is a big one.
And the one I like most is the "Actors Centre",in Surry Hills, it's like and old english theatre, and you have many different courses and rooms: acting, camera, Shakespeare, singing, and has also the career set in modules. So on Thursday I went to the acting class,this one is with no camera, I really wanted to take the class before, but always had or an interview or last minute stuff to do.
So there I was, like every Tuesdays in "Kafka",happy and ready to enjoy and work.(Reviving those moments when before starting our class, we have a chat together with coffe or mate, with the awesome fellows of Maria Onetto course).
We started with the relaxation, firstly by relaxing jaws and face, try it and you'll see that then the body follows. I always enjoy this stage of the class and it's very important to get to know the method that works better for one to get relaxed, and to make the energy exchange necessary for reaching to the acting state.
Then we made some excercises in group, playing some games and improvising with actions' proposals and reactions.
Sam, the teacher, has a good energy and gives Key tips, all the time.
We put in pairs and he handed out film scenes to go over before acting them. We had 20 minutes for that, some couples started performing and the actors were really good!!! Some of them were so Oz, with a hardly understandable accent. The ages and experiences are a mix.
So I performed my scene from the film 'Tootsie' with Laurent, I enjoyed it!!!I was looking forward to do some acting!!
I think my pronunciation can improve, sometimes when I speak fast I stress the "T" a lot and that sounds kind of indian.I think that english can be very expressive when saying a text, the english language itself has sentences that can be remarked and accompanied by a strong body language, think about english series, dialogues in films..
After the class they were asking me if I was from argentina,spain, they said I have a sexy accent, like penelope cruz, jaja, almost.
Instantly, after sharing an acting moment, a good energy stays in the air and in people,-satisfaction?- we went to have a drink to the bar, and there I was told that Sam, the teacher, is a well known actor, he's been performing Horatio in "Hamlet" play, that's just finished here, and in a serie called "Underbelly".
I had some chat with the two adult actors,they might be in their 50s, they were SO ACTORS, they've been for long in the profession and are now on stage, happy persons, they encouraged me to take the long term course and gave me some advice. This makes me think that one has to make the most of the opportunities of meeting people who share this passion.



Toma Nº1


Estoy feliz de haber empezado teatro en Aussie!!!

Desde el primer momento que llegue a australia empece el tour por los teatros. Queria elegir la mejor opcion para mi.
Aca en Sydney hay Estudios, donde se puede hacer la carrera de dos años y Teatros o Centros con monton de opciones de cursos de dos o seis meses.

El NIDA (National Institute of Dramatic Arts) es muy reconocido y competitivo. Nicole Kidman, Russel Crowe, Mel Gibson salieron de ahi. Tambien el "Actors Studio" es uno importante.
Y el que mas me gustó es el "Actors Centre", en Surry Hills, es como un teatro antiguo de Inglaterra, y hay varios cursos diferentes y salas para ellos: actuación, cámara, shakespeare, canto y tambien se puede hacer la carrera que está separada en módulos. Asi que el jueves fui a la clase de actuacion, esta es sin camara, queria ir desde hace rato pero siempre me coincidia con una entrevista o cosas que hacer a ultimo momento.
Asi que ahi estaba, como todos los martes en el "Kafka" feliz y lista para disfrutar y laburar.(Reviviendo esos momentos previos a las clases de charlas, cafe o mate de por medio, con los Increibles compañeros del taller de Maria Onetto).
Empezamos con la relajación, primero relajando las mandíbulas y la cara, probá y vas a ver que el cuerpo se contagia y se va relajando tambien. Siempre me encanta esta parte corporal y es muy importante conocer que metodo le funciona mejor a cada uno para relajarse,y hacer el recambio de energia necesario para alcanzar el estado de actuación.
Despues hicimos unos ejercicios en grupo de juegos e improvisaciones proponiendo acciones y reacciones.
Sam, el profesor, tiene buena energia y nos iba dando 'tips' todo el tiempo.
Nos pusimos de a dos y nos repartió escenas de peliculas para repasarlas antes de actuar. Nos dio 20 minutos, y empezaron a pasar algunas parejas y la verdad que actuaban re bien!!! Algunos eran tan Oz (australianos) con un acento dificil de entender. Las edades y experiencias son un mix.
Pase mi escena con Laurent, de la pelicula 'Tootsie',la re disfrute!! Estaba con ansias de un poco de actuacion!!
La verdad que mi pronunciación puede mejorar, a veces cuando hablo rápido remarco bastante la "T" y suena tipo india. Me parece que el ingles puede ser muy expresivo a la hora de decir un texto, el idioma en si tiene frases que pueden ser acentuadas y acompañadas por expresiones corporales que le dan fuerza, sin ir mas lejos se puede ver en series, dialogos de peliculas..
Despues de la clase me preguntaban si era argentina,española, y me decian que mi acento es sexy, como penelope cruz, jajaj, casi.
Instantáneamente, luego de compartir un momento de actuación, se instala una energia positiva en el ambiente y en la gente , satisfacción, quizas?-, fuimos a tomar algo al bar, y ahi me dijeron que Sam, el prof, es un actor reconocido, estuvo haciendo el papel de Horatio en la obra "Hamlet", que acaba de terminar y en la serie "Underbelly".
Charle un poco con los dos actores más grandes, tendrán aprox. cincuenta años, TAN ACTORES, han estado por mucho tiempo en la profesión y ahora están con papeles en teatro, personas felices, me incentivaron para que haga el curso de 6 meses y me daban consejos. Me dejó pensando que hay que aprovechar al máximo las oportunidades de encontrar gente que comparte esta pasion.






1 comment:

  1. FELIZ CUMPLE CLARI!!!!!!!!!!!
    Leo que la estas pasando muy bien, haciendo lo que queres hacer. Me hace my feliz que estes feliz!!!!
    Que bueno lo de del curso de teatro, hay proyectos para preparar alguna obra para mostrar?? seria barbaro, no?? Te mando un beso gigante y que termines muy bien el dia!!!
    PD: si llegas a ver a Russel Crowe pls, mandale mis mas efusivos saludos y decile que tiene en Argentina una admiradora... jajajaja

    ReplyDelete